Swollen area on the lower back. Had been in accidents. Pressure in the bone. What could be wrong?

i have a swollen area directly in the middle of my lower back above my butt
its been there since i was 12 after a car accident as the years went by it became more painful especially after work. the pain is excruciating! i have a hard time bending,getting up and sometimes walking.
Trying to lay down and be comfortable is probably the impossible. Sometimes i get a shock down my legs that make my legs just wanna give out. heat helps maybe with about 2% of the pain.when i have someone push down on the area to the point all the pressure is on the bone it hurts BAD but it gets rid of alot of the pain and just creates another type of pain but still releases the other pain. ANY IDEAS whats wrong?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013