Swelling in the base of neck, continuous electric twinges in left arm and severe fizzing, numbness in hands and fingers. Causes ?

I have a small swelling base of neck.. left side. Have no problems with it. but Dr advised ultra scan & biopsy for nodule..they. could not identify nodule../ I still have no problems with it, but.. i have continuous electric twinges in left arm and severe fizzing pins/needles and numbness in hand and fingers.. extremely painful. I feel as tho i could cut off my hand sometimes. (5 years ago i broke & dislocated left shoulder . could this be trapped nerves?) several yrs ago i also had head xray for pain in head & neck. I am 73, in good general health apart from some long standing arthritis , not uncommon at age.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012