Surgery for spinal stenosis and a fusion with rods and screws, type 1 diabetes. Have leg spasms. Why?

I had surgery for spinal stenosis & a fusion at L4-L5 with rods & screws on November 15. I am 61 yr old female with type 1 diabetes . I spent 6 days in the hospital& 3 weeks at a rehab hospital with 3 hours of pt & ot per day. Since I ve been home my surgeon doesn t want me to do pt. the problems I ve had are severe leg spasms z& stiff (locked ) legs, I am taking robaxin & gabapentin for these. My surgeon is AWOL & I m waiting to see another spinal specialist in the same practice. I don t think I am progressing as I should... Some days I can walk fine around the house with a cane. However some days my legs are stiff, I have to use a walker, & I can t walk with a normal gait. I try to walk every 30 minute,s. is this normal? And for how long? Thank you, bh
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013