Sunburn. Prescribed picon cream for dermatitis, effects worse after application. Treatment?

Hi, I am a XXXX yr old man from XXXXX. I was prescribed picon ( Pimecrolimus 1%) cream along with a moisturizer for severe dermatitis a few months back. I was also told that I was photosensitive and to avoid venturing in the sun without using proper protection. However, during a recent hiking trip, I missed the sunscreen and ended up with heavily sunburnt skin. I have been applying picon on it for the past 3 days. But the effect seems to be worsening. Am I doing something wrong?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012