Suffering with high BP. EKG, blood work, cholesterol normal. Could it be stress related?

My 21 year old son has bouts of high bp . Took him to cardiologist who did ekg , blood work to check kidneys, sugar levels, cholesterol , 24 hour urine test....all came back normal. Now, he wants me to take him in for a angio ct with and without contrast. These tests are costly!!! but, if necessary, will do. We have changed his diet, his sleep habits are better, and he s home from college, so not so much alcohol...his blood pressure has been normal and good pulse . He s also a college athlete, plays soccer, and is very fit. We want to observe his bp ... Think it s more stress related since the high bp occurred while away at college where his schedule between academics, sports, and social life keep him busy. What are your thoughts?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012