Suffering with fever, vertigo, low appetite, no nausea. What could the cause be?

Hello, im worried about my cousin that came to visit to guadalajara , mexico becuz im studying med school down here. When i saw her she already had a fever , vertigo and hardly ate. No diarrhea , no vomiting and no nausea . When shereturned to orlando florida she was hospitalized and is now isolated becuz they dont know what she has. Im thinking some type of virus but not sure. Any light that u may shed for me? Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012