Suffering with Giardiasis. Have been talking Flagyl over a time. Is it good to take Flagyl for longer time?

Im finishing up my third round of flagyl for giardia. I'm wondering if taking 1 bid for seven days and then starting it all over again two weeks later is the correct treatment option. Our dogs have been thru this and our vet does treatment differently and it seems to clear it up for them. I'm definantly not enjoying this because it is also messing up all of my normal flora which is causing issues with candida. What is your advice on treatment?? I can get flagyl as needed from my doctor but is it normal to have to do treatment over and over??
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013