Suffering from violent bouts of sickness and Diarrhoea, given antibiotics. Suggestion?

My daughter has been travelling in South America and contracted what the South American hospital thought was salmonella out there and she was on intravenous anti-biotics and a drip. Since returning to her home in Australia she keeps getting violent bouts of sickness and diorrhea. The Australian hospital thinks it is a parasite and given her a course of antibiotics - will this really get rid of it? Or does she need to insist on more investigation? Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013