Suffering from stomach pain, profuse sweating and vomiting. Loss of appetite. Cause for symptoms?

I am a 55 yr. old male. For the past 2 years, I have episodes of severe stomach pain, profuse sweating, vomiting .I cannot work and lost my job. Docs have does all methods of test and still no diagnosis. I have little appetite but try to eat small portions. I never know when an episode will hit. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling H.C.M.
Here the spot where the pain is located is missing, If it is upper abdomen may be gastric, related to liver, or spleen. if in the center may be due to worms. center and to the sides may be renal. If it is in the lower to the right side may be appendicitis, T.B.iliocecal region, or U.T.I., If it is central or left lower abdomen could be U.T.I.
There is possibility of amoebiosis or irritable bowel syndrome.
I advise you to consult a gastroenterologist, for diagnosis and treatment.
If you feel necessory you can consult our premium service GET AN ANSWER NOW. where you can directly come in contact with our specialists to get your doubts cleared.
General & Family Physician Dr. Nirmala P's  Response
Hello,there could be many causes for severe upper abdominal pain accompanied by vomiting & sweating, in men. some of those conditons are;
1. Gall stones - common above 40yrs. More common in women than in men. Pain is severe after taking food. Usually pain is located on the right side of upper abdomen but it may radiate towards back.
2. Pancreatitis ( inflamation of pancreas) - severe pain that becomes better when you curl up or lean forward. oily food increase the pain. pain is worse after eating.
3. GERD(gastroesophageal reflux disease) - pain is experienced a little higher up, worse in night while lying down.
4. Anxiety - usually with heavy sweating.but rare in the early morning.
5. Irritable Bowel Syndrome - most "likely" cause of your pain. Symptoms like abdominal distension, bloating gas, painful diarrhoea & frequent constipation are also seen along with severe abdominal pain. Commonly seen in men. Intensity of symptoms varies with every individual & no laboratory methods are available for diagnosis .
However you also rule out the possibility of cancer as you are above 50 yrs. Cancer pain is persistent & there will be loss of weight.