Suffering from pain due to osteoporosis. On physical therapy. How to cure the limping?

Hello, My question is regarding my father who is 65-year-old now. He is suffering from knee osteoarthritis since the past 7 years, but now with more noticeable limp in his gait and some amount of pain. We have consulted orthopedists and they have suggested physical therapy for the pain but after all the blood tests and imaging, they don t think at this stage he is a good candidate for knee replacement as the condition is not severe. He is managing his day-to-day activities really well and the pain is also not too severe to affect his quality of life. The only thing I am concerned about is the limping with is really prominent and noticeable in his gait. He walks as if his one leg is shorter than the other. Is there some kind of orthosis or anything which he can use to make him walk with a normal gait.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013