To deal with insomnia
, the first thing to do is follow sleep hygiene
. The steps for this are:
a. • Fix a bedtime and an awakening time
• Avoid napping during the day. If you must, limit the nap to 30-45 minutes.
• Avoid alcohol , caffeine and heavy, spicy, or sugary foods 4-6 hours before bedtime.
• Exercise regularly but not right before bed
• Find a comfortable temperature setting for sleeping and keep the room well ventilated.
• Block out all distracting noise, and eliminate as much light as possible.
• Try a light snack before bed.
• Relaxation techniques
such as yoga, deep breathing and others may help relieve anxiety
and reduce muscle tension.
• Stop worrying
In addition, you need to speak with your physician about drugs like zolpidem
. They will allow you to sleep without making you excessively sleepy in the day time.
Hope this helps