Suffering from depression since 18 years old. What should be done?

Hi! Dr. Samuel. can my depression be caused by the dead of a very close family member? My uncle was killed when i was 8 months old. My grandmother and my ants used to tell me that my uncle loved me very much especially because i was his first nice. And on the day that he was killed he hold me and cherish me as if he knew he was going to die. I had suffered from depression since i was 18. However, thinking carefully, since i have memory my life has been so sad; like a shadow over me. So i wonder if that tragedy has to do something with my depression?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012