Suffering from depression. Taking BP medicine and lexapro. Chances of getting mental disease?

Hello. My name is Cathy my husband lost his job as a cpa in may and since then has had major mood swings from depression to rages of mania throwing fits etc. He is normally a very quiet person son of a preacher and is spiritual. I work as a resp therapist, registered sleep technologist and eeg technologist. He has gone to see his family md and was started on bp meds and lexapro . It does help but the rages still come and go in a cycle of like every two to three weeks. I think he has bipolar but I cannot get him to a psych. Do you know anyone or have a opionion for us. We have to kids 9 and 11 and I do not want them repeating him. 13 yrs ago when we married he was not like this. This has just surfaces the last year. He is 47 and to me he is a late blummer. He lived at home until marrying me at age 36. Any help appreciated. thanks in advance cathy thanks I do not feel I need to pay since I work closely with a neuro MD. I was just looking for an outside opinion. I truly feel I have the right answer just need to go from here.thanks for your website and offer for others that do not have MD s readily at their disposal.cathy
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013