I am Dr Sriram nathan and I shall try to help you with your problem
In all probably you might have an infection in your tonsils and this would have caused your symptoms. The whitish substances could be tonsillar stones or just infected follicles which will subside with treatment so do not worry.
If you have had tonsillitis
before then you may also have the tonsils stones but these are white in colour and usually do not bleed unless you try to remove them.
the bumps in the neck you see could be just enlarged lymph
nodes which are common during infections of the tonsils and pharynx or throat. Even these will subside with treatment in a week or so.
None of these are to be worried. You can easily treat them and you can get back to normal in a week or so!
In any case you must do these:
1. Take warm water with a little salt and gargle
2. If you have pain then you must start a course of injectable antibiotic like the amox-clav along with injectable pain killers like the paracetamol
. Your doctor will know about this. Injections are known to give faster and better relief. You may continue with the oral medications also as you mentioned that there is some improvement.
3. I would usually also start an anti reflux medication
like the pantoprazole
for a week or two
4. Avoid anything spicy and oily for the next one week or two
5. take voice rest for your throat and do not take anything cold
. Also do not have anything very hard. This will make sure that the lock jaw will get better
You should feel better in a day or two. If not then you must consult an ENT surgeon to evaluate your tonsil and throat. Also take a throat swab and get back to me or any ENT with the report.
hope this helps
Dr Sriram Nathan