Suffering from bad cough, green mucus, breathlessness, difficulty in speech. On cough medication. Cure?

Hi, I ve been suffering from a bad cough since November which I just can t seem to get rid of. It started as a normal winter cough and quickly escalated to the sort of cough that left me breathless and in agonising pain in my chest with bright green mucus and difficulty speaking, this was at its peak on New Years and was so bad that I spent the night in bed. The cough quickly got better but remained, occasionally giving out an oatmeal coloured mucus, however in the last few days it has gotten worse once more with more oat coloured mucus, and large coughing fits that yet again leave me in pain. What do you think is the cause and cure? I ve tried every cough medicine under the sun!
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013