How can cold and cough be prevented and is there any side effects of Seroflo inhaler,Budecort and Levolin?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi Doctor, i am a resident of Ambala Cantt, Haryana. I have a daughter of 4 years and 2 months old. Exactly 1 year ago, she caught cold and it lasted for a month. We consulted couple of pediatricians and was prescribed with Budecort and Levolin /Asthalin inhalers (with the combination of a preventor and a controller.) + Montrel Kid tablet. Budecort is on from February 2013 with levolin on on-off basis. My daughter got severe cough and cold in the month of May 2013 and as a result we had to get her Nebulized. Now she got a similar cough from last 2 days and after consulting with the doctor, Seroflo inhaler (Twice a Day / 1 puff each) is prescribed for another month. I am really worried as my daughter is on constant medication from last 1 year and there is no respite. Please advice how could we prevent her cough and cold and is this medication safe or has side effects on her health now or in future.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: continue serolfo and get allergy test Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. Recurrent cold and wheezing needs to be treated with preventer and reliever. You are on the right course with seroflo. I would advise you to continue it without fail each and every day for next 6 months Get allergy test done to identify the trigger factors do that they can be avoided. There are no sideeffects even after prolonged use if used under supervision. Regards Dr Arun