Suffering from anxiety disorder, what therapy should i take ?

My name is kayla. i am 21 years old and i have been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder since i was 12 years old. i am a previous drug addict (pain meds and heroin) i have been clean now for a year. my anxiety is severly affecting my ability to function in everyday life. i have taken benzodiazepines from friends and family members who are medical profesionals. they work and nothing else has seemed to. since i am a previous drug addict i can not find a doctor that will perscribe me drugs of that classification. is there a way to ask for them without looking like a drug seeker or is there another medication that actss like a benzodiazepine that i can take? my anxiety is taking over my life and i need to get it under control. now! please help me! i have taken: zoloft neurontin paxil serequil and other medications like these. i have also tried herbal medicine and accupuncture. none of which worked, not suprisingly. i have tried therapy and counseling to try to find where my anxiety is coming from and stop it that way, i have even tried some strange type of sleep therapy. I am not against alternative methods that i have not tried but when i have tried so many and all have faild it gets discouraging.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011