Suffered with viral fever during conception time, taken a dose of Calpol, positive beta hcg test. Will the fever cause any defect in the baby?

I have a positive beta hcg of 4240 on 19th September. My conception date was around 21st August. I had a viral fever for 3-4 days from 17th September to 20th September. The fever was low grade hovering around 99 to 100+. I did not take any medicines thinking that it will pass soon. During those 3-4 days I felt sick, had head ache,blocked/running nose , and tiredness where couple of times I slept into a delirium . Now the fever has passed. I just took 1 Calpol on 20th. I am extremely afraid if this bout of viral fever can cause any birth defect in my baby as it happened within 28 days of conception. I have not had my scan yet. I will have it within 7-10 days. Even if the scan looks OK, I know there might be high risks associated. How can some one under such situations determine whether it is better to terminate the pregnancy as I do not want to take any risks.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012