Suffered Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. Had abdominal hernia operated, scars are red and itchy. Is it due to mesh?

I m a 44 yr. old female, 5 4 , 140 lbs. In Sept. 11, I had an abdominal hernia repaired. Prior to the surgery, and for more than 1 year, I suffered constant fatigue , general nausea, vomiting, bouts of constipation / diarrhea . I saw both my GP and OBGYN , but neither found a cause / solution. The quality of my daily life was in the toilet (pardon the pun). One day, I pushed my chair back from the table, stood up, and a peach sized globe popped out of my navel. I pushed it back in, went to a different GP (in the same office as my original one), and he confirmed the abdominal hernia. I had surgery 2 days later. My symptoms improved, but have never disappeared. Ever since surgery, the scar has been some combination of red, inflamed, irritated, itchy, and doesn t seem to want to heal. Sometimes part of it splits open, scabs over, but always stays red. I went back to the office for post-op visits & expressed some concerns; something just didn t seem right. A nurse told me I was over-reacting and just need to relax about it. Needless to say, I haven t been back to that office for any further follow-ups. In Dec 11 I saw my dermatologist (for dyshidrotic eczema ) and, on a whim, asked about the scar. She was very concerned, mentioned keloid tissue, the need to manage the formation, care for surrounding tissue / organs, etc., and she injected quite a bit of hyaluronic acid into the scar, in different parts of my navel, & into the skin surrounding the scar (the scar is just over 1 long, just below my navel). It didn t take long to notice the hard tissue under my skin disappearing. Now, the hard tissue is back, the scar is red and itchy, and I m suffering bouts of fatigue and diarrhea. Are these occurrences related to the mesh? What should be my next step? Visit my Dr. (that confirmed the hernia) and ask for a CT or MRI? How are culprits to abdominal distress discovered and treated? Thanks in advance for your insight and advice.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012