Suffer from painful swollen elbow. Have hypertension and high sugar levels. Overweight. Treatment?

I am male 57 high blood pressure controlled by meds also have elevated blood sugar can control with exercise and the odd metformin. couple of weeks ago I devloped a very painful and swollen red elbow. Dr prescribed antibiotics some redness of arm subsided but elbow point still red and warm it was red hot previously now I noticed the skin on my elbow is peeling like a sunburn? Any help would be great. no history of gout that I know of.Not too terribly overweight about 30lbs.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013