Suffer from diverticulosis. Strong pain in the colon, loss of appetite, pain in the back and nausea. Are all these related?

I am a 60year old female with diverticulosis . However in the last 3 days I have had strong pain over my entire colon which seems to be gradually getting worse. Painful particularly at night. I am still eating though my appetite is dulled and Iam still able to empty my bowels but it feels uncomfortable. I now have pain in my back over the kidney area but as I suffer from back pain sometimes it is difficult to tell if this is connected though I suspect it is. The pain also worsens a while after eating. I am also experiencing waves of nausea. Please help.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013