Sudden outbreak of clusters of raised blister-filled bumps on the cheek resembling a ringworm. Partner had similar symptoms earlier, was prescribed Valtrex. Suggestion?

My husband woke up this morning with a cluster of raised blister-filled bumps on his right cheek. He said it doesn t hurt and it looks like a ringworm , but I ve never known ringworms to be raised fluid like bumps. I had this same symptom on the outer right buttcheek about 5 months ago. After going to the doctorsome time after the symptom, they thought it could have been shingles , but really couldn t say since the visit was so far removed from the symptoms. It took overa month for the bumps to go away. I was given Valtrex and some other medicine to,take only at bedtime.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012