Subsepate hymen sore and bleeding after being fine for years

I had a septated hymen and when i lost my virginity it broke and just hung out of my vagina after. When i went to the doctor he told me it was my hymen and that i could get it removed with surgery or leave it. I decided to leave it. It has been over 3 years since then and about a week ago i noticed that it was swollen to twice its size. A day later it was hard and bloody and a sort of purple color like it was bruised, there almost looked like there was a cut in the middle and blood came out of it,thenext day it was sore whenever i touched it or went to the bathroom and appeared to be shedding skin white parts would come off a bit when i wiped. Now it is very sore and not as purple but there are still white parts. I am very worried and have a dr appt for a week from now but if anyone else knows anything it would help. I have been in a faithful relationship with my girlfriend for over 3 years so this is not an std.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011