Stopped taking depo injection. Severe bleeding. Should I go to a doctor?

Hi, I stopped taking the injected pill (depo?) and it s been 6 months since then. I wanted to try for a baby but I ve done preg tests and all negative. And now our financial situation doesn t allow for a child so I ve been waiting for my period to come and go so I can go back on the contraceptive . I ve only just got my period and I m bleeding so much when i wake up of a morning that i m having to wash the sheets. I ve NEVER bled this heavily before. This has only been the 2nd time I ve woken up to this. Should I go see my GP or someone else or do I not need to worry.
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012