Stopped taking Levothyroxine for high TSH. Taking Ayurvedic medicine. Did I do the right thing?

Dear Sir, This is regarding some multiple problems I am facing since last 2 years.My height is 5 feet 5 Inches and my weight is 77 Kgs. Last year I have diagnosed with high TSH around 8 but my T3 and T4 were with in the range.I had taken the medicicne 50 mg. levothyroxine for 2 months then stopped but never did the hypothyorid test again.Now I am taking some ayurvedic medicines, Is it ok what i have done by stopping levothyroxine. Second problem is that i am also having continuous bloating stomach problem since last 2 years but more now a days even i eat almost nothing,and also I was trying to reduce my weight and only taking salads and fruits in night since last one but no reduction is observed.Please help me and tell me what to do for treating the bloating and to reduce weight. Third and last problem is that,since last 2 and half year i am feeling back pain on lower right side.I did the check-up and Doctor told me its not serious and so many people have this kind of problem .Just exercise.But i am really tired of it and not able to live a kind of normal life.It is kind of light pain but it is almost always.Sometime it disappears and again comes back.What to do,please help me. Regards Aditya
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012