Stopped loestrin. If eaten today, am I safe tomorrow during sex?

I recently stopped taking the pill Loestrin (combined) however I have found that it is the easiest way for me contraception wise as condoms are too small for my boyfriend and he loses interest in sex using these. I want to go back on the pill but finished my period last thursday - if I rnew my prescription tomorrow for the pill will i be protected as of tomorrow against pregnancy? If not are there any other methods of contraception i can use that will be immediately effective other than condoms?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012