Stopped birth control pills suddenly, change in menstruation cycle, want to resume pills

i recently stopped taking my birth control because i was having an issue with my insurance and was unable to pick up my next months prescription. The issues I was having are now taken care of and I wasn t going to start my new set of pills until my next period so my body can get back into retinue. But not taking my pills for a little over week has messed with my menstruation and now 10 days after the ending of my last cycle I have started a new cycle. I am wondering if I should start my birth control today the beginning of this second cycle or should I wait until next months cycle?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012