Stones in kidney, ureter. Advised to take torate syrup, has side effects, surgery needed?

Hi I have few stones in kidney(both) and lower ureter . I have been taking Silofast for past 10 days but that didn t help much and just moved stones few inches further. Now I am taking Flotral 10 mg as advised by the doctor. He has also said that I can take Toterate syrup to dissolve kidney stones if I can bear side effects like uneasyness and vomiting . Please give your suggestions about the medicine and whether I should for surgery or not. Stones are of size 4mm to 6mm. 5 stones in total. 4 in both the kidneys and 1 in ureter.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012