Sticky, clear discharge on tampon, quite hard, painful periods. Started birth control pills, stopped injections. Normal or cause of concern?

Hi I ve just started the pill after being on the injection for two years, this is my 2nd period since starting the pill, I m just a bit concerned about a very sticky clear substance that was on my tampon , I put it on a bit of tissue to have a closer look and as I went to pull it off it was quite hard it was like latex glue, is this normal should I see my doctor about it, plus my period pains are very painful this time.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012