Stains of blood while blowing nose and coughing out mucus, please help

I am 24 years old.I have been suffering with cough and cold since last ten days.Recently I have seen stains of blood while blowing the nose and coughing out the mucus. Usually I used to smoke 5 to 6 cigarettes a day its been a habit since six years. After seeing the stains of blood in mucus I have decided to stop smoking. Its been already 1 week I stopped, but during the past six months whenever I smoke I used to have some sort of discomfort in the chest(mainly in lung area) like sharp pain, but the pain used to go If i didnt smoke for next 2 or 3 days and also I used to have same sort of discomfort when I am exposed to severe cold. Now I am having the same kind of discomfort when I inhale any sort smoke (passive smoking) Can I know what is reason for all these problems and what is the next step I have to take?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011