Stage IV lung cancer. Chest pain, breathlessness. How long do patients last once morphine is started?

My mother has stage IV lung cancer , was diagnosed in August and was given 2-4 months. She does not complain of any pain but has s/sx of chest pain . Morphine was just started for the pain. She is extremely short of breath but O2 sats are still about 95. My father died of lung cancer 5 months ago and once we started him on morphine, it was only a matter of days. How long do patients usually last once the morphine is started?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012