Squeezing feeling on lungs, coughing due to sneezing. Feeling better after taking medication. Any ideas?

my chest feels funny, theres a squeezing feeling on my lungs and when I go out in the cold air or exercise my lungs tighten and have an uncomfortable feeling. i keep coughing due to the squeezing, like an empty dry clearing the throat type of cough. A nurse said that it could be allergies although i have never had any and after I took reactin extra strength it felt a bit better and then came back again after a few hours. I have never had a case of asthma either. I'm only in my 40s and my body checkup last week showed everything as normal. what is wrong with me?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013