Spotting for several months, have mid-cycle heavy bleeding with lightheadedness after starting pills. Serious?

I have had problems with spotting for the last several months, and went to my doctor about it a few weeks ago. They said I had a bacterial infection , gave me meds for it and put me on the pill to help regulate things. I started the pill at the start of my period (which lasted 8 days) and now I m bleeding again (one week later) but this time it s bright red blood and I am lightheaded. Is this something I need to go to the ER for, or can it wait until tomorrow to see the gynecologist? I don t have insurance and don t want any extra costs, but I also don t want to ignore something if its serious.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  142 Awaiting Answer