Spotting, breast tenderness, cramping, bleeding. Have irregular periods. What is happening?

I recently have had spotting for the last two months and breast tenderness. I started cramping and bleeding alittle more and figured I was having my period. I have irregular periods anyways but are always a couple days long and light. I went shopping and all of a sudden it just rushed out of me. I experienced intense cramps and a watery bright red bleeding that was so heavy that i couldn't get out of the bathroom. I was passing clots and large pinkish stretchy tissue looking substance. I was also very sick to my stomach. This lasted 4 hours total and I did go to the Er. I was bleeding so much that I had to use a towel rolled up between my legs to go to hospital. The doctor at the er didn't examine me or see what I was passing or how much. They did a pregnacy test on me which was negative. Once I passed the large tissue like stuff the cramps slowed. They gave me pain killers and stuff for the nausea and sent me home. Its been a couple of days and I'm lightly bleeding and I'm still having cramps and pain in my lower abdomen and lower back and alittle nausea with no appetite and very tired. I can't get in to see a doctor till friday. What could be happening with me?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013