Spotting between period, severe itching in vulva, vaginal opening. Had thick dark white discharge. Reason?

About a week ago I thought I was having some spotting in between my period (which I get around the 23 of the month). It was a reddish brown color that I assumed was just the blood turning brown from being old. I used tampons but only had about one tampon a day and it never really became a true period as my normal ones are. About 3 days ago I started having extreme itching around the vulva area and the entrance to the vagina. It doesn't appear to be red or inflamed at all. I went for a run yesterday and when finished my underwear had a very thick, dark discharge on it. Today after my run the discharge is now a very thick, dark white, greyish color but has no terrible smell. I used Monistat 1 yesterday night but my symptoms seem to have gotten worse in terms of the itching. I also used a plan B pill on Sept. 28th but my partner is my long term boyfriend and we have both been checked rather recently for any STDs and neither of us have any. I have not had a pap smear in about 3 years though as I didn't realize it was that long and have scheduled on for the end of this week but am just wondering if there is anything I can do for this itching or what could be the issue.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013