Spinal pain, neck pain while lowering barbell. Could this be a nerve pinch?

im a personal trainer. 2 days ago i ways helping a client lower a barbell to their shoulder . my arms were extended straight and overhead. later on i started feeling pain in my spine around my neck and mid traps. i stretched my head forward inly to make the pain worse and limit my range of motion in my neck mocement. i dont kniw if the weight lowering did it. i didnt feel anything at the time im just suspecting i pulled ny traps doing it. but when i lower my head a little and turn it i feel and interbally hear grinding and some muscle jerking around and springing side to side. idk if that existed before. i think it did to less of an extent. idk if this could be a spine thing or nerve pinch instead of a pull. it came on out of no where.
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012