Spider bite on wrist, swelling, swollen lump in the ball of foot. Causes for lump formation?

I had a spider bite on my wrist yesterday and it swelled up. When I woke this morning most of the swelling in my wrist was gone. But I noticed a swelling in the ball of my foot , by afternoon the bottom of both feet had swollen and painful when I walk. I went to see my doctor and does not think the two are connected. It was my left wrist and the doctor ruled out gout and has no idea what s happening. What do you think?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013