Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

How can a spider bite on the fingers be treated?

Apr 2017
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 5944 Questions
I think I have a Spider bite on my finger. its been 4 days and its getting more swollen and purple with the edges turning white. Is there anything I can put on it?
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Lump
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection control guidelines provided in details .

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Warm welcome to
I have evaluated your query thoroughly with attached photograph .

* There is slough present due to infection .

* Recommendations for better recovery

- Immerse the finger in lukewarm water filled in tub with added antiseptic liquid
10 ml for 5 minutes each 3 times a day .
- After that apply polymycin cream over it , covering it with gauze or bandage
would be appreciable .
- Tab. advil ( 400 ) mg 3 times a day after meals which will act as anti
inflammatory and pain killer .
- In our clinic , we recommend antibiotics as cephalosporin group for which
you require prescription of your doctor .
- Keep your blood sugar under control .

Hope this will help you for sure .

Welcome for any further assistance .
Wishing you fine recovery .

Regards dear take care .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor