Sore throat, pain on swallowing, sore and swollen gums. Due to tooth extraction?

Hi I got 3 Molars on the bottom left side removed and they seemed to be healing fine. But Sat morning I woke up with my throat so sore It hurt to swollow anything I cant eat, and all I want to do is sleep. Reminds me of tonselitis but I have no sniffles not much of a cough and no fever. could my throat infection be caused by the teeth being extracted cause my gums there are sore and swollen and its been about 5 days since extraction?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012