Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.
You seem to be having an upper respiratory tract
infection (URI). The soreness in the throat and the difficulty in swallowing may be due to a pharyngitis
(i.e. inflamation of the throat walls). The heaviness of the head may be due to the congestion due to the infection and cough
is a common symptom associated with a URI / pharyngitis. The stomachache could be just co-incidental and is most likely due to an acidity / ulcer problem.
I would suggest the following remedial measures:
- Gargle frequently with salt water or disprin
dispersible tablets (should be available over the counter).
- You can use saline nasal drops three times a day and also take steam inhalation to relieve the congestion.
- A mild anti-inflamatory / pain-killer medication like Paracetamol
will help in relieving the pain and inflamation.
- Drinking milk, yoghurt, etc. can help in relieving the stomach acidity / ulcer problem. You can also use an antacid
syrup before meals.
- Keep drinking hot fluids frequently to soothe the throat.
Your symptoms should subside gradually within a week's time. However, if you develop any high fever
, severe cough with thick yellowish phlegm or breathing difficulty, then you have to consult a doctor for a proper evaluation and further management.
Dr. Sheeba Stephen