Sore throat, difficulty in swallowing. White bump in the throat. Treatment?

Hello, I have a very sore throat, it's hard to swallow. There looks to be a white bump there, I also have inflamed (very sore) gums and also bumps behind my teeth (on gums). There are three bumps all together. They feel quite solid but also feel as though they could be filled with fluid. Can you help? I went to my doctor and he just sent me to the chemist for ibroprofen and paracetamol also some mouth spray. I have taken them all as instructed for four days and every symptom has just worsend.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013