Sore bruise due to knee injury, sore getting bigger, is purple with a white spot in center

I hurt my knee & got a big bruise that has been sore, and it was mostly purplish blue. Then over a day or two it got some yellowish, green, black on the outside of it and kept the purple/blue in the middle. Also when it turned the yellow/grn/black it had gotten bigger. Now the outer colors are gone, just the purple/blue remain and there is a white spot in the middle. The white is actually whiter than my skin . Do i have any reason to be concerned?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012