Something pokes inside ear, tongue feels swollen. Taking laser therapy. Its a bone or tendon ?

my mouth has been bothering me for several weeks now. I originally thought I might have TMJ (brought on by an appointment to a Chiropractor), He has been treating it with laser therapy which has helped at times. I feel like I have something pocking inside my ear, sometimes my tongue feels swollen (typically on the same side of the mouth). The other day I really looked inside my mouth and notice nothing looked lined up. There is an archway type of area just as you enter the back of the throat and the same side looked like it was swollen. When I touch the same spot on either side of the inside of my mouth that area (same side bothering me) is extremely hard yet the other side has some give to it. I can t tell if it s a bone or a tendon . Appreciate any thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012