Snapping in hip joint, pain extending to lower back, pelvic girdle, wear silver earrings. Could silver be causing this?

Hello, I wonder if you can help me. I wear several silver earrings in each ear, I have never had problems with infections or allergies to the metal. However, I have, for many years experienced a snapping in my hip joint (while rotating my leg). During pregnancy this hip pain went to both hips. Now my son is 14 months, the pain in hips is spreading to lower back, pelvic girdle. I have not gained much weight and my exercise and general health is good. Someone told me recently that the silver earrings cause hip pain and that they should be changed out for a more pure metal i.e. gold. Is this true? Is there something to be done apart from yoga stretches to improve this problem?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012