Smoking addiction, feeling of tightness in throat, redness on the back of the throat without lesions. Cause?

Hi, I am 23 and a smoker even though I hate to admit it. Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed that my throat feels tight. I am constantly aware of it whether smoking or not. I have noticed a slight bit or redness in the back of my throat but no white lesion and nothing appears to be swollen despite the fact that it feels that way. What could this be and is it from smoking? I m concerned!
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012