Smashed finger in a door, applying antibiotic cream, swelling and brown at the edge. Suggestions ?

Smashed one of my fingers in a door last week. Have been watching for changes. Initially put holes in the nail to relieve the pressure. Lots of blood , then the nail went back to pink, but the edge at the top slowly turned brown at the edge. I ve been putting antibiotic ointment on it during the day, and a loose bandaid to protect from bumping. The nail is not lifting but there is some minimal swelling at the cuticle. Today, I notice there is a smell. The hole in the nail is open and when I put pressure on the fingertip drains sero-sang fluid. I soaked in epsom salts for about 20 minutes and the smell improved and the brown edge at the tip is half of what it was. Should I keep up watching it or make a doctors appt?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012