Small fat deposits on scalp, content came out when opened up. How to control?

Hi , I have had some small fat deposits on my scalp for years. They are not itchy or painful. Recently one of them opened up and the fatty content came out. The next day I saw a boil with pus which would hurt if I touched it. It also opened up during sleep and all the pus came out. Now the area does not hurt anymore and has never been itchy. But sometimes small amounts of pus continues to exist. I applied neosporin on the area for a day. Can you advise if I am worsening the situation?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013