Small disc herniation causing numbness, weakness in legs. Consider surgery? Prognosis?

I have a small left para enteral disc herniation at T8-T9 that abuts the ventral aspect of the cord which is remodeled but not frankly compressed. This is a chronic condition with mild leg symptoms of numbness on the left and weakness on the right. I am in constant mild discomfort with dextroscoliosis and increasing thoracic kyphosis . Should I consider surgery? At age 57 I am worried about long term prognosis with this condition. Your thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012