Small child, persistent cough, nausea. Taking ventolin, flixotide steroid. Safe to use?

My 8 month old baby has just been prescribed ventolin and flixotide for a bad cough - been going for one week, and when it is bad he almost vomits (and has done once). I m ok with the ventolin but not flixotide as it s a steroid and I can find no other mention of a young baby being given it. He s been on it for 3 days, can I just stop it? Unfortunately I did not look it up immediately as my other child was ill too.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013