Small child, head injury, massive bump behind head. Medical attention required?

My 6 month old sone fell backwards from standing and has a massive bump on the back of the head went to emerg but after 3 hours of waiting and told it would be another good 3 hours i went home i also had 2 yr old twins so it was difficult to wait. He has been pretty good all night and has now gone to sleep if it was for the bump being so big i wouldnt worry. But just wondring what i need to look for. He fell around 6 pm and went to sleep at 11 pm.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012